ULPGC opens a new edition of its master's programme in marine crops

The University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ULPGC) is opening on this October a new edition of its Master's Degree in 'Marine Cultivation', a program that has been operating for a decade as an official degree and that this 2018 has enrolled 20 students of different nationalities and from different studies.

This master's degree is divided in two parts and is jointly organised by the ULPGC, through its Faculty of Marine Sciences, as well as by the International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies (CIHEAM), through the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Zaragoza (IAMZ - Acronyms in Spanish). 

The first part, a postgraduate specialization course, constitutes the lective part of the program and will run until June 2019, while the second part, the completion of the master's thesis (end-of-degree work), is an introduction to research applied to aquaculture and will run from June 2019 to June 2020, for subsequent public defence.

The inauguration ceremony will take place on 3 October at 10:00 a.m. in the Taliarte Marine Science Park, in Telde, headquarters of the ECOAQUA University Institute.

Regarding to the students enrolled in this new edition, 75% are Spanish (from Valencia, Andalusia, Canary Islands and Extremadura), and the remaining 25% come from abroad (Colombia, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco). These students have gained access to the master's programme from different degrees like Biology, Marine Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Sciences or Veterinary Science, among others.

For further information, visit:

http://www.fcm.ulpgc.es/master_uni_cultiv_marinos